Tuesday, September 1, 2009

August 24, 2009

Ok so I have a little more time to write really quick. So yeah, we are teaching this family Vizgarra. we were hoping to ask them to be baptized yesterday, but we couldn't fix a time. Elder Garcia and I are hoping to ask them to be baptized sometime this week. About the family Oliva, we were barely able to ask them to be baptized when they told us that they would. It was really awesome. The dad is going through a divorce right now and then the family has to be married, which is why the date is for the 30th.
About being able to speak and understand almost everything in Spanish...it's just what I said earlier: the Lord has truly blessed me with an amazing gift of tongues. That's the only way I can explain it. I was talking with a guy on the train today. I ended up flat out telling him that I'm not here to tell him a lie. I'm here to share a message of Christ with everyone. He ended up crying and telling me about his life. He's been through a lot of hard times. In the end, he wrote down his address for me and told me to come by sometime. We'll see if anything every comes out of that.
That you for all your emails, they were seriously awesome. It sounds like everything is going great back at home. I love you all. Mom, thank you for your letter as usual. Everything that you said was really great. Sean, dude, don't have to much fun on vacation and then at school without me - haha. Paige, I hope all is well. It sounds like you are having a great time. Bridg, thanks for your letter this week. Your dog story is hilarious. I hope that it all works out, but I really don't see it happening. haha. Yeah, I still like to tease ya.
Okay, I love you all, thank you for all you do and all of your prayers for me. You are all inmy prayers as well.
Con Carino,
Elder Ryan Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment