Thursday, September 17, 2009

hey everyone, como andan?

Hey everyone, como andan?
Ok so i´m sure you´re probably wondering why i´m writing you all on Wednesday instead of Monday. What happened was that on Sunday we found out that we would be going to the temple today. The Buenos Aires Temple is actually closing for like 18 months in November, so this could be my last chance to go to the temple here. But sorry that i wasn´t able to tell you that i wouldn´t be able to write you on Monday. I just didn´t have any way of knowing.
Ok so first off, i want to tell Dylan that i´m so proud of him for getting his call. Dude you are going to tear it up in Provo. I´m seriously so stoked for you. and look on the bright side, when i come home from the mission i´ll be able to go to school and visit you...its a win, win buddy. You're going to be awesome.
Last week i got to go to capital with my buddies from the MTC. That was seriously so awesome. Tt was so awesome to be able to see all of them again. They are all doing well. I took some pictures and videos with them, so you´ll get to see all of that sometime.
You also have to be sure to thank Aunt Lorraine for her letter. It was really nice of her. I also got letters from Beehives in the ward, so be sure to thank the Beehive class also.
You´ll never guess what happened at the temple today either. So Elder Garcia and I were a little late for the temple session with our district this morning, so we had to wait until the 11 o'clock session instead. When we went in, guess who I saw...just the Assistant to the President of the Buenos Aires West Mission. Yeah, Zach Woodmansee was there. How awesome is that...and even cooler was that he was in the same temple session as me. It was seriously so sweet. We talked for a little while, and then after we took a picture together. I´m sure by the time you get it he will already be home, but thats cool. After that i went with him and a few others and we all ate across the street. It was seriously so awesome to see someone from home. He´s a capo. The temple is really beautiful also. I took some pictures of all that.
Let's see, its kind of been a crazy week. We´ve been having to do some rearranging with baptisms. I ended up paying for Carlos Fernandez to get married. He set a date for like the 16 of October, so he can´t be baptized until after that. We are going to have to change the baptismal date for familia Oliva also because they still need to be married. They will definately be baptized but it might be a while longer. We also found out that Agustin Dussauge is really only 8 years old. His parents kind of lied to us and told us that he was 9, which would have meant that the baptism would go to us. Instead it goes to the ward. But honestly, with all of this, i don´t care about my numbers. The mission has never been about me and never will be. What matters is that I help to make a difference for these people. I don´t care if i don´t baptize anyone personally. If I help someone get ready to be baptized and then I´m tranferred, I´ll be just as happy as if I was the one to baptize that person. I just want to help with the work.
Thank you all for your letters and prayers. I really appreciate everything that you all do. Mom, thanks for telling me that you sent a care package. That means a lot to me. I´ll be sure to tell you when i get it. Dad, i love you. You are so great. And be sure that if you give in and get a dog, its not a huge dog. I´m with Mom on that one, the smaller dogs are better-hahah. Sean, thanks alot for writing me...i´m stocked to here about the Chargers. I haven´t heard any news about them from other missionaries so I´m kind of in the dark here. Be sure to keep me posted. It sounded like BYU tore it up, which I´m way excited about. Keep working hard up at school. Be sure to keep my posted on the love life too-hahah. Dude it was so funny cause the other day I was just thinking about your little celebratory dance. I can´t even explain it, but was so funny. I don´t know why I thought of it, but it was hilarious. Paige, thanks for writing. Your email was really great to read. I hope that you are doing well and liking school. Bridg, you're awesome. Keep doing what you´re doing. It sounds like i could lose the dog bet...but i still don´t think so.
I love you all so much. Thank you all for your prayers for our investigators. That means alot to me. You are all in my prayers. You´ll be hearing from me soon...it will only be like 5 days now. until Monday...
Con Carino,
Elder Ryan Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment